Las Vegas can be a very romantic destination. The bright lights, luxurious hotels and fine dining help set the mood and it doesn’t hurt that the city embraces the naughty side of life. For a trip with that special someone that makes for great memories, check out these tips.
- Romantic trips are not the time to pinch pennies. While riding the bus or staying in a budget motel off the Strip might be just fine for you, it is less likely your significant other will be impressed. This is the time to get a limo at the airport and stay at the Wynn.
- Recommended hotels would certainly include Wynn/Encore, Venetian/Palazzo, Aria and Cosmopolitan. If that is beyond your budget, consider Mirage, Paris or MGM Grand. Mandalay Bay is also a good option, particularly if your partner loves a great pool.
- There are dozens of romantic restaurants in Las Vegas, most of which offer exceptional food and service. But it is worth considering one of the locations which also offer an exceptional view. Top of the World at the Stratosphere gets generally good reviews and rotates, providing a breathtaking view of the entire valley. For something a bit closer to the ground, the Eiffel Tower restaurant has an exceptional view of the Center Strip. Also at Paris is Mon Ami Gabi. While it is elevated only a few feet above street level, the patio seating gives you a wonderful vantage for viewing the Bellagio fountains and the street scene on Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Believe it or not, Fremont Street also offers some wonderful and intimate restaurant choices. There is the truly old school Hugo’s Cellar at the Four Queens, which offers great food, excellent service and a rose for the lady. Also consider Andiamo’s at the D and Oscar’s at the Plaza.
- For the adventurous couple, Vegas offers some naughty options that might be worth considering. Most all the higher end Gentlemen’s clubs welcome couples. Expect the ladies to get special attention. You could also check out one of the topless shows but most are pretty generic. Consider Zumanity for coed sensuality and humor. Absinthe might also be fun, but be careful. It is very politically incorrect and you might find yourself part of the show.
- Small niceties are always welcome on a romantic trip. Being met by a limo driver at the airport is a good way to earn points and it isn’t as expensive as you might think. The consensus is that Presidential Limo is the best option so check them out. In addition, you can normally set up some sort of gift basket with your hotel so that you are greated with fresh fruit, candies, flowers and a bottle of champagne on your arrival in the room.