Many people choose to get married in Las Vegas. Many more choose it as the site of their last hurrah as a single man or woman. If you are planning a bachelor or bachelorette party in Las Vegas, there are a few things you can do to make it a great experience.
- The first rule for any stag or hen party is not to let things get too out of hand. There are countless films and television episodes revolving around this premise and, while most all of them have a happy ending, that is not always how it goes in the real world. It’s OK to have a wild night or two but getting blackout drunk rarely ends well.
- As with any large group outing, don’t overplan. Schedule rest time, recovery time and alone time into the agenda. Do something besides party. A hike in the desert, a round of golf, an afternoon at the spa or a gourmet meal are not only worthwhile activities on their own but help the body cope with a few extra toxins.
- Whether your gathering is for the ladies or the gentlemen, one tradition is strippers, and Vegas can certainly oblige. For the ladies, the best choice is probably one of the stage shows. Excalibur has Thunder Down Under, Rio features Chippendales and the Hard Rock gives you Magic Mike. For the gentlemen, hitting up one of the clubs will be your best bet. Sapphire, Spearmint Rhino and Hustler are probably the biggest and the best.
- For goodness sake, don’t let a random cab driver or club promoter push you someplace you’ve never heard of. They are being paid to bring you to the front door and are not looking out for your best interest. And never call the girls (or guys) advertised on the cards or billboards. These are prostitutes, not dancers. If that’s what you are looking for, you’ll have to look elsewhere for advice.
- Of course Las Vegas is also known for its many upscale nightclubs and a night at one of them could easily set you back four figures. For a group of guys, bottle service is almost a necessity or you’ll spend more time waiting and tipping than you will partying. Young ladies will have a much easier time getting in and, of course, there will be men who will gladly buy you drinks. Otherwise, $20 and up for a simple cocktail is par for the course.
- One option is to use one of the party buses that will take you to several different clubs over an evening. They are a reasonable deal and you aren’t stuck in one location for the night. That being said, you aren’t going to end up in the hottest clubs on the best nights and you won’t get quite the same experience as a group with bottle service and their own table and hostess.